After very little on the water time in 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic the cruising section are looking forward to sailing in 2021. We aim to:
- re-establish the Thursday evening cruising sessions for PEYC members.
- offer some opportunities to get afloat on a weekend by organising some cruises in company.
- increase the number of cruising memberships.
- increase the number of yachts taking part in cruising activity.
- help and encourage cruising yacht owners to share knowledge. Provide support for development of yacht share syndicates. There have been several recent examples that provide an entry point to yacht ownership.
We will also work with other PEYC sections, for example the 707 Club or the Theory Practice Sessions (TPS) maximising the opportunities for folk to get out on the water.
Cruising section communication takes place via the cruising Google group. The link to this is
firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an email from the address you would like to use.
Our main activities are
Thursday evening sessions (coordinated by Ian Cameron) will start on Thursday 20 May. Read more
Our intention is to hold four weekend day sails. In the past the cruisers have gone to Limekilns, Burntisland, and Bo’ness. Read more