The club own two 707’s Apollo and Baltika and these are available for hire to paid up club members who have been passed as “Accredited Helms”. The hire charge is £32 pounds per session, a session being from 9am – 5pm, or 5pm – 9pm.
Accreditation is not an intimidating process, just come along to one of the Weekend or Thursday night “707 Club” training sessions to have a sail and learn your way around the boats and get your accreditation. If you are not ready for accreditation yet, “707 Club”is a good place to build the necessary skills.
- For a boat to be hired the helm must be ‘Accredited’.
- To become an Accredited helm, an individual must be a paid up full club member and must have attended an accreditation session with Bosun Rachel Alvarado or a member of the committee. This is to ensure the person knows how to set up and put away the boat, use the outboard engine and enter/exit the marina safely. Members can gain skills in order to become accredited by attending 707 training sessions.
- Applications for Accreditation should be sent to Rachel Alvarado email@example.com
- Apart from the skipper, the rest of the crew need not be accredited, nor – for an occasional visitor – do they need to be club members.
- The boats are restricted to sailing on that piece of the Forth that is bounded by lines north/south through Oxcars Light to the east and Limekilns to the west.
- The well being and safety of both the crew and the boat are the responsibility of the skipper, i.e. the Accredited helm.
- Please note, lifejackets should be taken on board. There are a few bouyancy aids on board but please do not rely on these as they may not fit your crew members.
- If the Marina Authorities are flying the Red Flag (typically winds of 16/17 knots or more and a disturbed sea state), PEYC 707 Day-sail Hires are NOT be taken out.
- Please let Rachel know if anything is not working asap so she can get it fixed before the next people use the boat either phone/text 07749770025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 707’s can be hired for racing. £30 per day for club racing and £50 for open events and regattas.
- NB Where this would take the boat outside of the normal sailing area, special authorisation is required from a member of the 707 Management Committee and the hire cost is £50.
- The Red Flag restriction (see above) will not apply to racing hires, in that the race arrangements themselves will provide a level of safety cover not available for the lone cruising yacht.
Training and Development events
- From time to time there will be club sponsored/club run training and development events. If any charge is to be made, that will be made known in the pre event publicity.
- Such events could be aimed at club members or outsiders (potential new members, schools, colleges etc) with the course content covering helming and/or crewing.
- Where specified, helms may not have to have been accredited.