The club own two 707’s Apollo and Baltika and these are available for hire to paid up club members who have been passed as “Accredited Helms”. The hire charge is £32 pounds per session, a session being from 9am – 5pm, or 5pm – 9pm.
Accreditation is not an intimidating process, just come along to one of the Weekend or Thursday night “707 Club” training sessions to have a sail and learn your way around the boats and get your accreditation. If you are not ready for accreditation yet, “707 Club”is a good place to build the necessary skills.
For 2018, the 707s will be available for hire from after Easter, after winter maintenance on the 707s has been completed.
If you have any questions about hiring either of the 707s, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a boat to be hired the helm must be ‘Accredited’.
- To become an Accredited Helm, an individual must be a paid up full club member and must have attended an accreditation session with one of the 707 mentors, or a member of the committee. This is to ensure the person knows how to set up and put away the boat, use the outboard engine and enter/exit the marina safely. Members can gain skills in order to become accredited by attending 707 training sessions.
- Applications for Accreditation should be sent to Robin McAdam email: email@example.com
- Apart from the skipper, the rest of the crew need not be accredited, nor – for an occasional visitor – do they need to be club members.
- The boats are restricted to sailing on that piece of the Forth that is bounded by lines north/south through Oxcars Light to the east and Limekilns to the west.
- The well being and safety of both the crew and the boat are the responsibility of the skipper, i.e. the Accredited helm.
- Please note, lifejackets should be taken on board. There are a few bouyancy aids on board but please do not rely on these as they may not fit your crew members.
- If the Marina Authorities are flying the Red Flag (typically winds of 16/17 knots or more and a disturbed sea state), PEYC 707 Day-sail Hires are NOT be taken out.
- Please let the707 maintenance group know if anything is not working asap so he can get it fixed before the next people use the boat email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 707’s can be hired for racing. £30 per day for club racing and £50 for open events and regattas.
- NB Where this would take the boat outside of the normal sailing area, special authorisation is required from a member of the 707 Management Committee and the hire cost is £50.
- The Red Flag restriction (see above) will not apply to racing hires, in that the race arrangements themselves will provide a level of safety cover not available for the lone cruising yacht.
Training and Development events
- From time to time there will be club sponsored/club run training and development events. If any charge is to be made, that will be made known in the pre event publicity.
- Such events could be aimed at club members or outsiders (potential new members, schools, colleges etc) with the course content covering helming and/or crewing.
- Where specified, helms may not have to have been accredited.