Five race marks have been laid near the harbour and in South Queensferry bay:
- F – at the harbour entrance
W- further out at the harbour entrance
- X – to the west of the west breakwater
- Q- to the east of the Forth Road Bridge south pillar
- Z- to the east of Q
- G – near the shore to the west of Queensferry Harbour
All the marks except for X are conical, coloured white or yellow and have a red flag on top. X is an orange cone with a red flag on top.
We shall use the following fixed marks:
- Gc – the green cat mark at the Queensferry crossing north pillar
- Wb – the white mooring buoy in north Queensferry bay
|W1||X Q F||E1||Q X F|
|W2||X Q G F||E2||G Q X F|
|W4||X Wb Q F||E3||Q Wb X F|
|W5||X GcQ F||E5||Z X F|
All marks are rounded to starboard for west courses and to port for east courses.